findatvexpert.com is an online database of new and existing TV experts, designed to bring together experts who’d like to be considered for TV and media opportunities with broadcasters, TV production companies and members of the media who are looking for experts to comment on a topic or be an integral part of a programme.
It does so by providing experts who have paid the £75 joining fee + £100 yearly membeship fee (or £131.88 yearly membership fee if paying monthly) to be on findatvexpert.com, the opportunity to create a profile and CV page outlining their personal and professional details – and by providing registered members of the media with free and unlimited access to this information.
The joining fee + yearly registration fee paid by experts does not guarantee that experts will be contacted by members of the media or find employment through this site – and findatvexpert.com is under no obligation to find work for experts. findatvexpert.com merely acts as a passive conduct for the online distribution and publication of User-submitted information.
findatvexpert.com is also a source of programme ideas and suggestions (collectively the "Submission) which may be used, adapted or revised by any User for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person who submitted the Submission. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission.
By registering on findatvexpert.com as an expert (“User”), you agree to use findatvexpert.com for the purpose for which it is intended and make yourself reasonably available to be consulted, interviewed, screentested and/or quoted by any media-related company, organization, publication or broadcaster either in the United Kingdom or abroad.
This includes, but is not limited to: local, regional, national and international television; researchers and producers working on behalf of broadcasters and independent TV production companies; international journalists; freelance journalists; researchers, reporters, producers and editors working on behalf of news agencies; local, regional and national newspapers; magazines; journals; periodicals; local, regional and national radio; media-related companies, organizations & publications and online and offline broadcast media in general.
By registering on findatvexpert.com as a member of the media (“User”) you agree to use findatvexpert.com for the purpose for which it is intended: to search for experts to comment on a topic or be an integral part of a programme. You also agree to inform any experts you find through findatvexpert.com that you found their details on findatvexpert.com.
Users are prohibited from: (a) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorised to access, (b) copying, reproducing, republishing, downloading, posting, broadcasting or transmitting the database (c) deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity, (d) using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site (e) disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorised purpose.
Users are specifically prohibited from using findatvexpert.com for posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate information and using the information on findatvexpert.com to (a) source employees or potential employees for non media-related employment opportunities; (b) promote any products or services or source people to join any other business franchise, opportunity or scheme and (c) send unsolicited mail or e-mail, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to a User of findatvexpert.com (d) use any information on findatvexpert.com for any commercial or marketing purpose or for any purpose other than that for which findatvexpert.com is intended.
CONTENT / MATERIAL / INFORMATION
As a User, you are solely responsible for the accuracy of any content, material or information placed by you on findatvexpert.com; the consequences of their posting and any communication you enter with other Users.
You must not, and by using findatvexpert.com you agree not to, do the following things: (a) post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; (b) post material that reveals trade secrets or is otherwise secret or confidential, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner; (c) post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; (d) post material that is obscene, offensive, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity; (e) post a sexually-explicit image or statement; (f) post advertisements or solicitations of business or (g) post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines now known or hereafter devised that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
Any misuse of the site, as outlined above, could result in deletion or a permanent ban. This decision will be taken by findatvexpert.com in its sole discretion and will be final. No correspondence will be entered into or accepted.
Should you believe that the site has been misused by a third party as outlined above you are requested to contact findatvexpert.com with full details of the alleged infringement including the Member Username and your contact details.
It is the responsibility of findatvexpert.com to make all reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact or omission brought to its' attention but findatvexpert.com also reserves the right to reject, and be the sole judge of such, any material it considers defamatory; unlawful; untruthful; unseemly; or in any way unnecessary or inappropriate.
Whilst findatvexpert.com reserves the right to delete or remove content deemed offensive, findatvexpert.com does not guarantee that offensive material will be removed or deleted. Failure by findatvexpert.com to remove or delete offensive content does not waive our right to remove or delete offensive content in subsequent or similar cases.
findatvexpert.com acts as a passive conduct for the online distribution and publication of User-submitted information. It has no obligation to – and does not – verify or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any information posted by Users. It does not confirm that Users are who they say they are; screen communications or information in advance; or endorse any opinions expressed by Users.
You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk and that it is your responsibility as a User to ensure that the expertise and qualifications of registered experts – and the requirements of the media - are truthful and accurate.
findatvexpert.com is not involved in the actual transaction between Users; cannot control what happens between Users if they decide to meet in person; has no claim on any financial remuneration, fees, contracts or payments previously or subsequently negotiated by parties registered on this site with other site Users; will not become involved in any disputes between Users; and does not provide any arbitration or settlement services should a dispute arise between Users.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release findatvexpert.com (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
findatvexpert.com DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEB SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, findatvexpert.com IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEB SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. findatvexpert.com, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. findatvexpert.com MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
findatvexpert.com assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store your content, including profile details and photographs.
USE OF CONTENT / MATERIAL / INFORMATION BY USERS
findatvexpert.com authorises you to search for experts to comment on a topic or be an integral part of a TV programme and to view and download the User information or material.
The contents of this Web Site, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other information or material is the property of findatvexpert.com or its or clients. Unauthorised use of the Material/Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
You may not sell or modify the Web Site Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Web Site Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that findatvexpert.com creates to generate its pages. It is also protected by findatvexpert.com copyright.
USE OF CONTENT / MATERIAL / INFORMATION BY FINDATVEXPERT.COM
While it is incumbent on the User to decide what information the User wishes to make available to other registered Users, findatvexpert.com reserves the right to exercise editorial control over profile, video and picture content.
findatvexpert.com also reserves the right to extract content from User information, including the User’s name, photo, projects they’re involved with that could make good TV, ideas for new shows, etc and feature them in online and offline promotional material, newsletters, the Brainstorming Room, on the home page, etc.
SUBMISSION OF CREATIVE SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK
findatvexpert.com appreciates hearing from its Users and welcomes your comments regarding our services. Please be advised, however that any creative suggestions, feedback, success stories, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions or other information (collectively the "Submission") sent to findatvexpert.com shall be the property of findatvexpert.com.
None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. findatvexpert.com shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person who submitted the Submission.
SUBMISSION OF DETAILS OF PROJECTS YOU’RE INVOLVED WITH THAT COULD BE OF INTEREST TO TV AND THE MEDIA, IDEAS FOR THE BRAINSTORMING ROOM, ETC.
Please be advised that any information you submit to findatvexpert.com on your profile or CV, including projects you are working on that could be of interest to TV and the media, programme ideas, etc (collectively the "Submission") may be used, adapted or revised by findatvexpert.com or any User for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person who submitted the Submission. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission.
By sending submissions to findatvexpert.com, you grant findatvexpert.com, it’s Users and affiliates the loyalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Web Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES.
The Web Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided as a service and not as an endorsement by findatvexpert.com of the contents on such third-party Web sites. findatvexpert.com is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
DISCLAIMER OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
IN NO EVENT SHALL findatvexpert.com , ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT findatvexpert.com IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY AND PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may contact you from time to time via email about the service.
We may also contact you with the details of our other products, services and promotions via email, but only if you have opted in to receive such emails from us. You understand and agree that the information you provide on your Profile Page and CV page shall be displayed on the internet. You should only include those details that you are happy for other internet users to see.
findatvexpert.com will not disclose your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number without your prior consent on findatvexpert.com, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or regulations or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
MEMBERSHIP, SUBSCRIPTIONS & CANCELLATIONS
findatvexpert.com may change the registration pricing, options, renewal terms or Member services at any time. The Member may cancel their Membership and/or Subscription at any time but will remain liable to pay their yearly registration fees. Subscription fees are not transferable from one Member profile to another.
Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Company management.
In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations, if a User wishes to cancel their yearly subscription, written notice must be given to findatvexpert.com within seven working days from the day after that on which the User agreed to go ahead with the Subscription and/or Membership.
ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD DETAILS
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify findatvexpert.com of any unauthorised use of your registration or password.
This site is run and maintained by FINDATVEXPERT LIMITED (Company Registration No: 06481444), which is registered in England and Wales at 25 Chiswick Quay, London W4 3UR. Tel: 0208 742 2541.
findatvexpert.com is committed to protecting the privacy of our Users. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein.
1. As a career management tool findatvexpert.com allows Users to create a CV and profile page, store it on our database and allow it to be searchable by members of the media who are looking for experts to comment on a topic or be an integral part of a TV programme.
2. Use of this material for any other purpose is prohibited. However, we are not responsible if some other third party - such as someone posing as member of the media - gains access to the database, and, subsequently, your CV, profile page and details and uses the information in ways other than that for which it is intended. Registered Users are requested to inform findatvexpert.com immediately of any approach/contact via this site for any purpose other than stated above.
3. You may remove your CV from our database at any time but registered Users as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your CV & profile in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of CVs or profiles in these instances.
4. If you provide us with details of a referee, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
5. You may review, correct, update or change your findatvexpert.com profile information or CV at any time. Simply log into your findatvexpert.com account, review your details and, if you wish, edit them with the options provided. You may also delete your details and your opt into news emails through this method.
6. We do not disclose information personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc, to any outside parties, except when we believe the law requires it.
7. findatvexpert.com may, however, share aggregated - but anonymous – statistical information with clients, partners or other third parties so that they understand who is visiting the site, how often it’s being visited, how it is being used, etc.
8. Upon email notification of a cancellation request from any registered User (either an 'expert'; an organisation, or a representative of the media); all information held by findatvexpert.com relating to that person will be deleted from the 'live' system as soon as is practically possible. It will normally be stored for future re-registration purposes. However, upon a specific request being received by findatvexpert.com, this information will be deleted from the system completely and no records kept. Any User then wishing to return to this site will be required to re-register. Please be advised, however, that Users who have had access to the database may have retained a copy of your CV & profile in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of your CV & profile in these instances.
9. Any approaches made by staff representing findatvexpert.com to potential 'experts'; to organisations and to members of the media for site marketing purposes, will comply with existing UK legislation and use only information that is already in the public domain or that they have been granted permission to use.
10. We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf including data processors and including companies and individuals located outside the European Economic Area. The functions performed on our behalf include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will retain control of and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
11. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of findatvexpert.com’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event findatvexpert.com becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, findatvexpert.com or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the findatvexpert.com site.
Privacy Commitment Changes
If we decide to change our privacy commitment for findatvexpert.com, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about findatvexpert.com privacy commitment, please feel free to email us at email@example.com